ExpatWomenAtWork, through the no profit association Expatclic Italia, places utmost importance on confidentiality and safeguarding and protecting personal data provided by all those it comes into contact with.
Anyone surfing this website is kindly requested to firstly check all the sections of this document that describe how the site is managed in terms of the personal data processing of the users that consult it. This information is also given in compliance with art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196 dated 30th June 2003 “Personal data protection code”, to all those who interact with Expatclic Italia web services that are accessible telematically at the following address:
that corresponds to the home page of the official ExpatWomenAtWork website.
This information is valid only for the ExpatWomenAtWork website and not for other sites that may be consulted by the user through links contained in the ExpatWomenAtWork site. ExpatWomenAtWork website has no control over these sites or on the procedures they apply in terms of data confidentiality. We therefore suggest you consult the confidentiality measures of all the companies you contact before providing them with your personal details.
This information is also based on recommendation no. 2/2001 that the European authorities for personal data protection, united in the group founded by art. 29 of directive no. 95/46/CE, adopted on 17th May 2001 to determine certain minimum requirements for on-line personal data collection and in particular, the methods, times and nature of the information that the data controller has to provide users when they connect to the web page, independently of the purposes of the connection.
1. TYPES OF DATA PROCESSED AND PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
During normal operation, the computer systems and software procedures that control website function acquire data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected in order to be combined with identified data subject but, by its very nature, it could permit user identification through elaborations and associations with data held by third parties.
This category of data includes IP addresses or dominion names of computers used to connect to the site, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to make the request to the server, the size of the file received in reply, the numerical code that indicates the status of the reply given by the server (successful connection, error, etc.) and other parameters relative to the user’s operating system and computer environment.
This data is used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the site and to check its correct functioning. It is neither communicated to third parties nor diffused.
We also collect your personal data through a Google form, whose completion is necessary to upload your profile on the ExpatWomen at Work platform. The fields required in this form are your name and last name, e-mail address, country of residence, category of your work, short and long bio, website or socials.
ExpatWomen at Work sends a monthly newsletter through a form of http://mailchimp.com, adapted to the recent European norm GDPR and that you find here. Required fields are e-mail address, name, surname, nationality and country of residence.
Donations to ExpatWomen at Work are made through the Paypal system; we invite you to visit their website (www.paypal.com) to get to know their specific rules for treatment of personal data when collecting donations for Expatclic.com.
A “cookie” is a small text file transferred by the web server to the user’s computer. Its aim is to inform the server regarding user access to a particular web page and other news obtained from the system’s legible parameters via functions contained in the web page. Cookies can be “temporary” (or session cookies, cancelled at the end of the connection) or “permanent” (memorized on the user’s hard disk unless the user cancels them).
This site uses session cookies and persistent cookies in order to:
[list line=”no” style=”style4″]
- keep an anonymous trace of surfing sessions;
- improve surfing within the site;
- personalize services;
- analyse, in aggregate form, site traffic models.
The persistent cookies we use can only store personal identification data if the user has registered or granted authorisation for the personal data input to be stored. Otherwise, our server merely recognises that a non-identified visitor, with that particular cookie, has reconnected to the site.
This data is not communicated to third parties and is not diffused.
Our website uses Web beacons. A Web beacon is an electronic image (a single-pixel, transparent GIF image) positioned on a web page that is used to check if a certain page has been visited or not and to draw up anonymous and cumulative statistics on website use.
Data provided voluntarily by the user
The user is only asked to provide personal data (e.g. name, e-mail address) if they wish to contact us or use the services offered by our website. In such cases, the user is always shown a special information sheet beforehand and where required, is asked for authorisation. The optional and voluntary sending of personal data implies its processing for the purposes and within the limits indicated in the special information sheet.
2. OPTIONAL NATURE OF PROVIDING DATA
Users are free to provide personal data to ExpatWomenAtWork through the optional, explicit and voluntary sending of the modules on this site or electronic mail to the addresses indicated on the site. The failure to provide data could mean it is impossible for our company to provide the service requested.
3. PROCESSING METHOD
Personal data is processed using manual and data processing instruments in order to achieve the purposes for which it was collected. Special security measures are used in order to prevent the loss and illicit or incorrect use of data and non-authorised access.
4. PROCESSING SITE
Any processing connected to this site’s web services (physical hosted on a web server owned by OVH www.ovh.com) is carried out on the premises of the company that owns the server, on behalf of the data controller and is only handled by employees, collaborators or partner employees, or by employees carrying out occasional maintenance work at the OVH premises.
5. DATA CONTROLLER
The personal data controller is Expatclic Italia, Viale Cogni Zugna 10, 20144 Milan – Italy, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All personal data are stored in a dedicated server OVH, based in Roubaix, France, and whose personal data protection and cookies policy you can see here.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
On the basis of art.7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 (Right to access to personal data and other rights) it is the right of the data subject to obtain:
- confirmation as to the existence or otherwise of personal data concerning him or her, regardless of whether of not this has yet been registered, and communication of such data in intelligible form;
- information regarding: a) the source of personal data, b) the purposes and methods of data processing, c) the logic applied if processing is carried out using electronic instruments, d) details that identify the data controller, the data processing managers and representatives appointed, e) the subjects or categories of subject to whom or which the personal data may be communicated or who could learn about it in their role as designated representative on the State territory, data processors or others in charge of data processing;
- a) the updating, modification or, when there is a vested interest, the integration of data, b) the cancellation, anonymization or blocking of any data processed in breach of the law, including data that does not necessarily have to be kept for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently processed, c) demonstration that the operations provided for in letters a) and b) have been notified, also with regards to their content, of those to whom the data was communicated or diffused, except where this proves impossible or entails the use of means that are manifestly disproportionate to the right being protected;
- to, either in whole or in part: a) on legitimate grounds to the processing of personal data concerning him or her, even if pertinent to the purposes of data collection, b) to the processing of personal data concerning him or her carried out for the purpose of sending publicity or direct sales information or for carrying out market research or for commercial information surveys.
Any requests should be addressed to: is Expatclic Italia, Viale Cogni Zugna 10, 20144 Milan – Italy, email email@example.com.